The Poker Room at Spirit Mountain Casino has a seat for every type of player. Whether you’re new or a seasoned player, you’ll find a gaming experience that meets you where you’re at.
One of our favorite all-level casino games is three card poker. It’s easy to learn, fun to play, and holds a huge winning potential, making it a great game for players at every level. There are two ways to play:
- Play & Ante wagers bet against the dealer to see who has the better hand
- Pair Plus wagers whether your hand will contain a pair or better
How to Play Three Card Poker
The objective is to create the best poker hand at the table with three cards. Before you begin, it’s important to remember that you’re playing against the dealer, not the other players. From there, the game is straightforward:
- The player places an Ante wager and/or a Pair Plus wager
- The player is dealt three cards face down
- After looking at their cards, the player places either a Play and/or Pair Plus wager or folds
- If the player folds, the dealer collects the Ante or Pair Plus wager and the game ends
- If the player places a Play wager, they reveal their cards and compare them to the dealer’s hand
How to Determine a Winner
If the dealer has a Queen-high hand or better, the Ante & Play wagers are played. If the player has a higher hand to win, they get a 1:1 payout. If the dealer wins, they take both the Ante & Play wager. Should the dealer’s hand have a Jack-high or worse, the dealer folds and the Ante wager returns to the player. In order to win the Pair Plus wager, the player must have a pair or better; it isn’t dependent on the dealer’s hand.
The Golden Three Card Poker Strategy
Most poker experts recommend that players wager on a hand with Queen, six, four, or better. Players with a lower hand than this combination should fold.
The Poker Room at Spirit Mountain Casino is a great destination for fun gaming and the chance to win big. Take a seat at the table, make your bets, start playing - and start winning!