Over the years we've gotten hundreds of requests for our clam chowder recipe. Our Executive Chef is finally spilling the beans, or clams in this case! It's really quite simple.
- 3 oz. Butter
- 1/2 Cup - White Onion [Diced]
- 3/4 Cup - Celery [Diced]
- 1/4 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup - Clam Juice
- 1 Tbsp - Clam Base
- 1/2 tsp - White Pepper
- 1 tsp - Dill Weed
- 1 - Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup - Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp - Bunch Parsley [Minced]
- 1 Cup - Potatoes [Diced]
- 2 Cans (6.5oz. ea) - Chopped Clams (Drained)
- Saute vegetables in butter, 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour, cook until blonde.
- Add Clam Base, Dill Weed, Bay Leaf, Clam Juice, White Pepper and Heavy Cream; Cook 20 minutes until 212 degrees.
- Add Chopped Clams, Potatoes and Parsley to finish.
You can easily customize and adapt this recipe to your own tastes. Consider this recipe a guideline and play with it to your liking, or, just leave something that's already legendary alone.