When you join the round, you must place an ante bet before anything else happens. After all players have placed their ante bets, the dealer will distribute each player 3 cards face down. After reviewing your cards, you must decide what to do next: you can either fold--and forfeit your ante bet--or play. There distinctly different ways to bet and play in three card poker.
You can decide to bet and play in one of three ways:
● Against the dealer
● On your own hand value
● Against both the dealer and on his hand value.
If you go ahead with the play wager, it all comes down to the Queen:
● If the dealer doesn’t have a Queen or higher, the player both wins the ante wager and is paid out in an equal amount to the ante bet, but the play wager is returned.
● If the dealer has a Queen or higher and the player’s hand still wins, the player wins both the ante bet and the play bet.
● Should the dealer’s qualifying (Queen or higher) hand and the player’s hand be equal, all bets are returned.
● Finally, if the dealer’s qualifying hand beats the player’s hand, the player loses.
If you choose to play against your own hand value, the player places a pair plus bet. If you have a pair or better, you win. If you don’t have a pair, you lose.
Should you choose the third play option, you have to place both ante and pair plus bets.
Three card poker, like blackjack, are one of the few games where you aren’t opposing other players, so there’s always a fun, supportive energy around the table. Visit the best casino in Oregon to experience three card poker - and thousands of other card games, slots, and table games - in an unbeatable atmosphere. Your lucky day is waiting!